In this update: Membership / NZALT Conference 2022 / ALANZ Conference 2022
Thank you to all of you who have renewed and paid your memberships over the last few weeks. There is still time for you to become a member of NZALT and benefit from the substantially reduced registration costs for our upcoming conference. Member re-enrolments are going smoothly so far. Here is an FAQ around membership renewal.
How do I renew my membership?
Go to https://nzalt.org.nz/membership/ and fill in the short registration form. Once you have done this, you should receive an invoice within the next hour or so after completing registration. This invoice can be paid direct or passed to your accounting people in school for payment.
I signed up and received and paid my invoice. Anything more I need to do?
Great to hear! You are now a confirmed member of NZALT for the year 2022. No further action required.
I signed up but I didn't receive my invoice. What should I do?
If you have not received an invoice 24 hours after registering:
1. Firstly, check your spam and junk mail folders.The invoice may have ended up there.
2. If the invoice is not in your spam or junk folder, please write to me at email@example.com. I will follow up with you.
I registered, and received and paid the invoice. I have just got a reminder that I had not paid. What happened?
We do appreciate that it can be disconcerting to receive a reminder email about non-payment, especially when you think you’ve paid. Our accounting systems are very robust. If you have received a reminder, it could indicate one of several things:
1. Your accounting team has not yet paid the invoice.
2. Your accounting team has paid the invoice but, unfortunately, the payment has ended up in the wrong account - NZALT currently has one main account and several regional accounts in operation. If the payment ends up in the wrong account, we do not know that it has been received, and a reminder is generated.
3. You did not quote your invoice number on payment. Please quote the invoice number on making payment. Better still, we really appreciate it when schools send us remittance advices which confirm that the payment has been made. Thank you for those!
We look forward to your continued membership of NZALT.
NZALT 2022 Conference: Saturday 9 - Tuesday 12 July, Otepoti - Dunedin
To register for the NZALT 2022 Conference, please go to the NZALT 2022 Conference site. Here you will find full details of the cost of registration, dates, submissions and further information about travel and accommodation awards. Remember to renew your NZALT membership before registering, so that you can take advantage of the cheaper membership registration prices.
ALANZ/ALAA/ALTAANZ Conference: Friday 25 to Sunday 27 November, Wellington
ALANZ and ALAA are the applied linguistics associations of New Zealand and Australia, respectively. Their next combined conference, incorporating ALTAANZ, is scheduled for this year in Wellington. The team will be bringing an exciting programme of applied linguists from New Zealand, Australia, the Asia-Pacific region, and (they hope) the rest of the world. Members of NZALT may be interested in attending or presenting.
For more info, check the conference website at: www.alanz2021.co.nz