This is the second WAR ROOM Bulletin. To read the first Bulletin which included a bullet list of features check here
. And now for some news...
New Facebook Group
I've started a Facebook group for WAR ROOM. I'm guessing it will lean photo-heavy. Join here
and I will add you to the closed group.
War Room is now officially listed on boardgamegeek.com
. It is a little sparse at the moment but more will get added as we go.
We'd be happy to meet you in person at WBC in Seven Springs, Pennsylvania. We'll be there from July 27th -29th demoing WAR ROOM at Exhibit Table #1 (as I understand).
Who are we?
I wanted to reveal a bit more about who is behind the development of War Room and Nightingale Games. So here goes:
Seeking local video previewers and blind play-testers: We will be seeking folks local to New England for some blind play-testing and video previews in the coming months. Please contact us here if seriously interested.
- Larry Harris: Larry is the famous one of the bunch. I'm going to sing praises as best I can. He has designed a lot of games over the years including Axis & Allies. On his website you can peruse other games he's designed here. I've been really impressed with Larry's work ethic and creativity. I've worked with plenty of workaholics over the years but it takes a certain kind of enduring passion to do what he does. I was so impressed when I first saw how he lovingly wrapped the edges of hundreds of coins in paper to create the first prototype units. He really puts his heart and soul into designing a game. His stamina for the long haul is incredible-- He keeps going play-test after play-test and rewrite after rewrite of rules. Every time he takes punches from a play-test session he comes back with new better ideas. He digs really deep into the details and is truly a perfectionist. Larry has a knack for creating innovative games that bridge a gap between the hardcore and the casual. His LinkedIn profile is here.
- Joe Minton: Joe has been a leader and energetic entrepreneur in game development for as long as I've known him. He was CEO of a PC game development house called Cyberlore Studios based in Western Mass. That's where I started my career as a computer game artist in the mid 90s. He's been my close friend ever since. He is co-owner and the "business guy" for the local Greenfield Games retail store where we have weekly game nights. He founded Game Table Online which converted board games into online versions of board games including Axis & Allies. He now runs DDM, a digital game development agency which has world wide offices. Joe was the key guy who got the ball rolling as far as putting me in touch with Larry in 2014 and dealt with contract matters. Joe helped me start Nightingale Games LLC and has funded the initial costs of running this business. His LinkedIn profile is here.
- Thomas Gale: I have a background as a computer game artist and designer. For over 20 years I've worked at various computer game development studios and I have contributed to numerous published titles which you can check out on my old portfolio site here. I've always been an avid board game player. You can review my collection on boardgamegeek and probably get a sense of the games I like to play. In the past decade I've transitioned from developing computer games to my dream of creating board games. I was the primary artist for Game Table Online which helped me cross that bridge professionally. I've a few games of my own games on the back-burner, but for now I have the fantastic opportunity to work with Larry on WAR ROOM. As mentioned we've been working pretty much non-stop with our testers over the years and it's finally all coming together -- quite nicely I might add. My Linkedin profile is here.
- Other folks: I'd like to mention a few other important team members. Angus Reid is our Kickstarter videographer. His brother C. Simon Reid has been an advisor in the early stages. We've had numerous "one-time" testers and now have about a dozen "repeat-testers" but that number is constantly growing. I will highlight some of the folks in the next bulletin who are helping us promote the game as we continue beta testing.
We already have a few announcement articles in the press: Keep an eye out for various Larry Harris interviews in the coming months as these will go into more depth. I'll be making a press kit with images for use by next week. Please help spread the news!
Forthcoming WAR ROOM bulletins:
- A PDF draft of the rules for WAR ROOM (currently aiming for July 20)
- Surveys and Voting!
Check for more prototype pics on the Facebook group next week.
Contact us if you have any questions or issues.
Until next time!