We have been steadily testing the game-play, and have tweaked the rules accordingly. You can review the latest draft of rules V80.pdf here
. (There are some graphics that are not fully updated to the latest.) Here are some recent examples of changes:
- Play-balanced resources and starting Units... for example: Italy gets 1 more Iron resource
- We added a rail connection from Denmark to Germany (and removed other connections)
- Troop Transports (beyond those normally pinned) may now escape to a friendly territory without enemies present
- The Port Advantage combat bonus returns... +2 dice during naval surface battles
- Submarines have the "Dive" combat ability (allows them to sometimes escape during battle)
- Tweaked Stress Thresholds on Morale Board
- The Blue Zone penalty is now cumulative (along with all other penalties)
- White results are now also hits (In addition to black) for Infrastructure when Strategic Bombing
- Keep track of multiple allies during combat via unit orientation (i.e. 45' or flipped upside-down)
- Hundreds of clarifications, grammatical edits and fun with commas (many thanks to Kevin Grant)
- Much more...
We have received some "white-box" materials from the manufacturer. I'll be showing these off on our Youtube Channel
once the third batch arrives. These are blank white versions to confirm the paper weight and sizes for the paper-stock materials. We are also expecting some plastic samples soon too.
With luck we'll have a folding printed map by mid-May. We can show off how the core 42" map will fold into the box.
Meanwhile we've been cleaning up the graphics such as the Unit icon silhouettes, the map, the rules, the battle-boards, the card holders, the territory cards, etc.
NATION STORAGE BOXES:
The Nation resource pegboards will be their own component that fit inside the box (rather than part of the box) for stability and convenience reasons. That gives us more room for box art and starting Command references on the Nation box itself.
Check out our web-store
if you haven't already. Pre-orders will continue to be available until mid to late summer. We'll give plenty of warning when the clock starts ticking more loudly. As far as swag such as apparel and other accessories... that is still in the works. However, developing the Core Game is currently the primary focus.
We have uploaded a few photos of our external play-tests to Facebook here.
We plan to continue sessions including blind sessions throughout the spring and summer both internal and external. Some of you have submitted your interest in joining one of the sessions. Please contact us again if you are super interested in joining a day-long play-test in Greenfield, Massachusetts on May 26th (tentative) and/or June of 2018.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support and patience,