This is the first WAR ROOM Bulletin. Before the Kickstarter launches this Fall I plan to send bulletins about twice a month, or when something significant happens. Please let me know at email@example.com
if you find errors in viewing this newsletter or browsing our website: http://www.nightingale-games.com
Help with the Hype Train!
We've been working on this game for around 4 years, and we are just this month going public. Please help spread news of the game as we slowly get up to speed on our hype train. There will be a boardgamegeek.com listing soon.
A word from the designer, Larry Harris:
"Board games are one of the most social forms of gaming out there. People actually can see and talk to each other. All through the development of WAR ROOM I envisioned thousands of basements and spare rooms all over the world being converted into imaginary World War II War Rooms. The room is transformed into a place where like-minded folks gather and become -- for an afternoon-- Generals commanding vast, historically-based armies, fleets and air armadas against each other. If this theme is up your alley, than check out WAR ROOM. We had you in mind."
And now for a teaser bullet list of game features:
- Multiple scenarios based on # of players (eastern Front, War in Europe, Pacific War, and Global War)
- 7 Nations (USSR, UK, USA, China, Germany, Italy, Japan)
- 42" diameter round world map with polar view
- 10 unit types (4 naval,3 air, 3 land) formed in "Command Stacks"
- Simultaneous, secret movement and production orders
- Alliance discussions (where team members secretly discuss plans)
- 3 resource types required for unit production (oil, iron, and OSR - "other strategic resources")
- Bid oil for Turn Order Rank
- After all movement, players choose a "Hot-spot" in turn order to resolve conflicts
- 2-stage battles: Air Battle then Surface Battle (land/sea)
- Choose unit type "Battle Stances" (for example: dogfight vs. strafe for fighter planes)
- Simultaneous (effectively) combat dice system with custom d12s
- Coastal and Trans-Ocean Convoy raiding
- Rail usage (and disruption)
- Strategic Bombing (affecting new unit production and infrastructure)
- "Civilian Goods" available to counter stress
- Track Medals, Stress, and Civilian Goods on the Morale Board
- As wartime stress compounds each nation faces dire penalties on the "Homeland Status Track"
- Trade resources with Neutrals (or invade and face resistance)
- Territory cards serve as resource income reference and are exchanged when lost
- "Contested Status" for territories cause reduced resource income
- "Port Advantage" (free naval unit repair)
- "Air Supremacy" (extra wild black die)
- "Force Advantage" (to encourage diverse surface forces)
- Soviet-Japanese Non-Aggression Pact
- and more...
Forthcoming WAR ROOM bulletins:
- Details about our experience as game developers.
- More images and details about the game.
Until next time!