A Ministry Update from
St. Andrew Parish - Casanova, Virginia
We at Saint Andrew Parish have become very small. We are trying to be all that Jesus Christ has planned for us. We welcome all who come through our doors.
Our Bishop Ron has had surgery for a heart condition. We have missed his presence at our Sunday Mass. His health is improving and he even celebrated Mass for us last Sunday. We pray for his continued healing .
St. Andrews Parish has donated crock pots to the local food bank so people living in hotels have more ways to prepare food.
We have put together Blessing bags for hygiene necessities for people living in their cars.
We have been trying to pick a new local charity to support each month.
- In September we donated school supplies for children in need.
- In October we donated coats,
- We also re-adopted a student in the Enkajape school in Africa. Our donation helps provide room and tuition to a girl whose family could not afford to send her to school.
- In November we purchased pies for the local food bank to give with the Thanksgiving meals.
- In December we adopted a couple of families in the local Head Start program. We bought and wrapped Christmas gifts to give them.
- In January we donated to a fund that helps to pay for heating homes.
- In February we contributed to Feed My Sheep, a local group that delivers food and household supplies to families in need.
We are hoping next month to help a group that supplies firewood to families that use it for heat and cooking.
We will meet soon to choose our next charity. Please keep us in your prayers as we strive to be the Body of Christ.