Heart disease affects approximately 2.4 million Canadian adults, and is the second leading cause of death in Canada.
According to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, heart disease and stroke take 1 in 3 Canadians before their time and it is the number one killer of women in Canada.
Take the Heart and Stroke Risk Assessment to find out what is putting you at risk of heart disease and stroke and how you can take action to live a longer and fuller life.
We can all reduce our risk of heart disease by making healthy lifestyle choices, including quitting smoking, eating a healthy and balanced diet, getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and monitoring blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
To help residents of South East Grey make these lifestyle changes, South East Grey Community Health Centre has a variety of programs and services including:
· A free gym available to all community members
· Free fitness and wellness programs (please see our monthly calendar for offerings)
· Free access to our smoking cessation program with a referral
· Free access to Registered Dietitians, a Registered Kinesiologist, Registered Social Workers, a Health Promoter, and a Registered Physiotherapist (referral required for physiotherapy)
· A brand new free Cardiac Rehab Program (referral required) in collaboration with St. Mary’s Hospital in Kitchener and the University Health Network in Toronto