Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
This coming Sunday we are planning to re-open the church for public worship with precautions. We want to take a slow and careful approach to this season. This Sunday we will offer two services to see how they go.
8:00 am – Morning Prayer – masks will be required at this service for all people attending.
10:00 am – Holy Communion – Masks recommended.
What precautions will be taken?
- If you have recently been sick, or are feeling ill, please stay home.
- We will be roping off every other pew.
- In order to maximize number of people we can safely fit in the church we will mark off a small part of the open pew so we can add some chairs along the side wall. This way we should be able to safely fit approximately 22 people in the church with distancing.
- Please bring your own prayer book, we will have a couple of extra service booklets available if you do not have a prayer book. (Please let me know if you do not have one and I will get you one).
- We will have the hymns printed for the weekend.
- The alms basin will be placed in the back for your offering.
- For Holy Communion:
o I will wear a mask from setting the table through distribution.
o Sanitize my hands before celebrating, before distributing, and between each family.
o For distribution, we will receive standing up, instead of at the rail, and we will mark of six feet intervals, and an usher will invite each row to come up.
o Spiritual communion will be available as a print out if you are not comfortable coming up for communion yet.
At the 10 o’clock service we will have overflow seating available in the parish hall. Following this service we will also some social time outside, with coffee.
If you are not comfortable coming to the 10 o’clock service, but would like to receive Holy Communion, I will be at the church from 12:30-2:30 after the services to distribute the Eucharist privately. I would also be happy to visit anyone who is not yet comfortable coming out. The 10 o’clock service will continue to be streamed on YouTube for those who are unable to attend. You can find that information here: https://www.allsaintsprescott.org/church-online
If you are available, please join us at 9:30 am on Saturday, to help prep the church for coming back.
This is the first step in re-opening. It will be a long slow process, please be patient with me, our vestry, and everyone else. The vestry and I will continue to meet weekly to adjust as we need to.
To close, I want to share these words from Bishop Grundorf:
We are facing a challenge unlike anything we have faced before, so it is important that each one find his or her way comfortably back to normal church life without fear of exposure to disease. Not everyone may feel emotionally ready to leave home and go to church at the same time. We must be tolerant of one another.
I am looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday, if not before.