As we have reported in advocacy news and related programming, the passage of sweeping tax reform legislation resulted in some changes for nonprofits including exposure to a 21% on transportation benefits for employees. Many New Hampshire nonprofits have expressed concern about this new tax.
There is a growing movement in Congress to repeal this tax before the end of the year. We urge you to reach out the NH’s congressional delegation this week to ask them to support repealing this tax.
- This new 21% tax will burden NH’s nonprofit sector
- This new expense is not calculated into grants and contracts and could affect service delivery
- At a time a severe workforce shortage, this new tax undermines workforce recruitment and retention in the nonprofit sector
- Broad-based tax cuts should not be paid through taxing the nonprofit sector
- Please support the repeal of the nonprofit transportation tax (Code Sec 512a7)
NH’s Congressional Delegation
Office of Senator Shaheen
Office of Senator Hassan
Office of Representative Shea-Porter
Office of Representative Kuster