Walk through these questions together as a family!
Matthew 7:24-27, Luke 11:28
Being, Forgiving, Serving, Giving, Going: These are the 5 targets, the 5 principles that characterize a Jesus follower according to Jesus’s Words. Throughout this challenge, we are going to put Jesus’ words and teachings into practice.
If we can give the right expression of who Jesus really is, by reading His Word and putting it into practice, people will fall in love with Him.
What is one thing you have been missing this week that you didn't think you would ever miss? What is one thing you have really enjoyed about this past week?
1. Take some time to discuss the previous week’s Challenges. Here are some things to discuss:
2. Zach mentioned Abraham Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, which reveals that the greatest need for fulfillment in this world is when our Transcendence Needs (helping other achieve their
- Celebrate a “win” that you had in the Red Letter Challenge over the past week.
- Share a struggle.
- What did God reveal to you during the Challenges this week?
potential) are met. Do you agree? Why or why not?
3. Read 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 together. God’s Word reveals that our purpose is to serve God by serving others. Do you feel like you are fulfilling your God-given purpose for serving? Explain. What are you naturally good at doing? How can God be glorified through your talents, skills, or abilities?
4. Jesus said, “If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles” (Matthew 5:41). Explain a time where you have gone the extra mile for someone. What did it mean to him or her? What did it do for you?
5. Who is someone you know, whether an individual or a group, that is living out their God-given purpose? What does that person or group teach you?
6. What is the difference between a Christian serving and someone who doesn't believe in Jesus serving? What should be different about the way Christians serve others?
7. Make sure you are committed to doing the Red Letter Challenge! Talk about their time, place, and plan for the continuing this challenge.
- Join the Texting Group!
Enter this number: 81010 Text this message: @c3929b8
-For those with Instagram accounts: Make sure they follow the Ignite Instagram! @gracelutheranignite
-For those without a phone or Instagram: How will they make sure they are following the challenge?
-Talk about the when and where they are going to take time to do the challenge every day over the next couple of weeks! Hold them accountable! 😊