Annual Dinner Honors Dorothy Mitchell-Kincaid and Outstanding Members of Our Democratic Community
I am thrilled to announce that we had a wonderfully successful Annual Dinner & Fundraiser on Saturday. Huge thanks to our events committee Patti Young, Peggy Jackson and Marte Lawrence, as well as our hardworking treasurer, Vickie Stewart. This event combined with donor engagement efforts, led by Buzz Thomas, yielded the funds needed to open an office in 2020.
Saturday's event paid tribute to our beloved friend Dorothy Mitchell-Kincaid. I'm so thankful to Buzz for serving as master of ceremonies, to Reverend Dr. Willa Estell for the invocation and to Reverend Dr. Harold Middlebrook for delivering a powerful and inspiring keynote address. (You can watch the video HERE.)
Also, please join me in congratulating our 2019 awards recipients:
Thank you again to everyone who made Saturday such a success.
- Marjorie Stewart: Dorothy Mitchell-Kincaid Community Impact Award, in recognition for her lifelong commitment to education, equality, diversity and the well-being of all.
- Robert & Sue Hanye: Democrat(s) of the Year, in recognition for their effective leadership and tireless work in advancing the Blount County Democratic Party, supporting Democratic candidates and standing up for our values.
- Lisa Misosky: Chair’s Award for Community Advocacy, in recognition for her unwavering commitment to equality and justice, and for providing a place for Democratic values to take root and thrive.
- Sue DuBois: Chair’s Award for Outstanding Service, in recognition for going the extra mile to amplify our voices, advance our values and support Democratic candidates.
- Rep. Gloria Johnson, D-Knoxville: Democracy Award, in recognition for serving Tennesseans with an unwavering commitment to democracy and human rights.