Please pray for DeepWater, here's a list of specifics.
Serve the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs. - Psalm 100:2
Dear Prayer Partners,
Wow, we have two Sunday worship gatherings under our belt at DeepWater and we are praising God and serving Him with gladness! In our first two services we averaged around 90 adults in the worship services and 45 children in our kids ministry - that is a lot of kiddos! It has been a great start! Certainly the numbers will change as visiting local friends and family stop coming to show their support, but it's important to note that we are meeting folks from the islands and Mt. Pleasant that are looking for a church. Plus, we are actively inviting folks and asking the Lord for opportunities to share the Gospel. I wanted to give you this short update and then ask you to pray for the below requests. Please start your prayers with praising God for all that he is doing in our midst, there is much to celebrate!
1. Pray for our leadership team that meets on Monday mornings. Each member of the team oversees a key area of our young church, so pray for God's wisdom and leadership.
2. This coming week our D-Groups start! We are starting with one group on the IOP and one in MTP. These groups will focus on building our faith family and growing us closer to God and one another. Our prayer would be that in the start of 2019 we will multiply each of these groups and so ask the Lord to give us leaders who can and will step up with growth.
3. Ask God to give our Plant Team and others who are becoming a part of our faith family, a desire to be active in sharing their faith with others. We want to be a church that deeply loves those who do not yet know Christ - and we want to love those around us where we LIVE, LEARN, WORK & PLAY.
4. Pray that God would inspire us to be a church that seeks God and passionately pursues Jesus in our daily lives.
5. Lift up the opportunities we have with children and students. We are a church that is committed to the Next Generation and so pray that the Lord would send us many children and youth to influence. (Children's Ministry is on Sundays during the service and student ministry is on Wednesday evenings.)
6. That the Isle of Palms and our neighborhoods around Mt. Pleasant would be different because of our influence as believers. We want to see the island and east cooper area change because of God's Kingdom work through DeepWater Church.
7. Lastly, please ask the Lord to pour forth his blessing financially. We have a gap in our monthly budget needs and what we are currently taking in through tithes, offerings and support donations.
Thank you so much for praying. Your prayers are an important part of God's work in and through DeepWater.
In God's love,