Note from the Chair
This is a reminder that our monthly Radnor Democratic Committee meeting will be held tomorrow, Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom (link below).
We will be discussing the upcoming May 18th
Primary Election, hearing from some candidates and getting updates from local government officials.
Please click on the link below to sign up for one or more shifts as a poll greeter for next Tuesday’s Primary Election. It’s easy – and we still need volunteers!
We need more volunteers to sign up to be OUTSIDE poll greeters.
The primary job is handing out our sample ballot and greeting voters, etc.
It is vital to educate voters that the endorsed Democratic School Board and Judicial candidates have to get more votes than the cross-filed Republicans.
Feel free to forward this email and link to like-minded friends and neighbors who want to help our Democratic candidates!
Also, each precinct should assign a committee person to pick up the RDC Election Day materials this Saturday, May 15 from noon until 2:00 p.m. at 238 Chamounix Road.
The materials will include your precinct’s poll watcher certificates, RDC sample ballots to hand out, signs to put up, and a RDC volunteer sign up for voters.
It is important that we provide solid majorities for all of the RDC Democratic endorsed candidates.
Although our Democratic School Board candidates chose to not cross file on the Republican ballot, the Republican candidates did cross file on the Democratic ballot.
Therefore, please make sure you vote for ALL FOUR Endorsed Democratic Incumbent School Board candidates – Andrew Babson, Sarah Dunn, Lydia Solomon and Susan Stern.
Each endorsed Democratic School Board candidate is an experienced incumbent who has made a difference for our children and the schools.
Here are just some of the many accomplishments our slate’s Democratic leadership has produced for Radnor Township School District students:
* Maintained Radnor’s #1 (out of 499 districts) statewide ranking and #10 national ranking – source: Niche.com;
* Instituted the first full-day kindergarten program on the Main Line in 2015;
* First in the region to institute the medically recommended later school start time for Radnor High School in 2019;
* Adopted 2020-2021 district goal of foundational Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion institutional initiatives in 2020;
* Adopted Implementation of Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports (MTSS) to support student social and emotional wellbeing in 2019;
* Launched comprehensive ADA/safety renovations for Radnor High School’s campus and facilities (groundbreaking April 2021, completion fall of 2022)
* Provided effective oversight of COVID-19 decisions and interventions to balance the instructional program with keeping our children and community safe;
* Renewed Student Wellness Study as 2020-2021 District goal to ensure the academic, physical, and social-emotional wellness of all students;
* Approved PA Grant to Radnor Township that extends the Radnor Trail around Radnor High School in 2021.
I look forward to seeing everyone on Zoom!!
Chair, Radnor Democratic Committee
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 817 4057 7695
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,81740577695#,,,,*079222# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,81740577695#,,,,*079222# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 817 4057 7695
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k1OWAdCOX