Weekly Department Tea: Though we aren't able to gather in the Reiss 5th Floor Lobby, the weekly department tea continues virtually. Drop in on Wednesday afternoons between 3:30-4:30pm to catch up with students, staff and faculty. Bring your own tea.
Student Organizations: Student-led groups within the physics department are planning a variety of activities for the fall semester.
- GU Women in Physics: GUWiP is dedicated to promoting gender inclusivity in physics. To receive information about events, use this google form to sign-up to be a member or ally: https://forms.gle/81CQ56znP2pN5qKZA.
- Contact: Eleni Hughes (eph44).
- Society of Physics Students: SPS is a professional society for undergraduate students interested in physics. The GU chapter hosts social events, outreach activities, professional development workshops, and more.
- Contact: Pia Bhatia (pb919), Madison Ascione (mla103).
- Physicists Against Racism: PAR hosts group discussions about racism in society, in academia, and in STEM.
- Contact: Davonne Henry (dh1006), Francis Antonyraj (fna15).
Many physics students are also active members of the GU Astronomical Society, which aims to provide the Georgetown community with opportunities to learn about the greater universe. Contact: email@example.com.