It is wonderful to see our community working together at this time of crisis and not only abiding by the gazetted directives but also by being so positive and creative to help each other through this hard time. We have received so many good ideas – funny online events and quizzes from Residents which has prompted us to provide you with some "Beat The Boredom" ideas to consider. Please see further along in this newsletter for more details. If you have any entertaining ideas or quizzes to keep your fellow Residents busy, please email them to me so we can share these with the community.
I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to the large majority of Residents that have fully embraced our President, Mr. Cyril Ramaphosa's directive to "Stay Home". However, Security has detected a dramatic increase in the number of people leaving the Estate and we are monitoring the situation. Please make use of online grocery shopping and adhere to the directive of ONLY leaving your home for absolutely essential services. Residents who exit the Estate on a regular basis will be contacted.
A few important points:
1. eThekwini Accounts will be delayed during lockdown because the post office is closed. If you didn't receive your eThekwini account, please ensure you pay the average of your previous account to ensure you are not disconnected during lockdown. You are encouraged to register online to receive your account via emails. https://eservices.durban.gov.za/v2/. Any queries should be logged via the correspondence portal http://correspondence.durban.gov.za:200/, this will include requests for a copy of your account.
2. A reminder that the rule for power tools remains in place - no power tools are to be used over the weekend or public holidays.
3. It is important to note that anyone who creates or spreads fake news about the Coronavirus Covid-19 is liable for prosecution. Please verify the information before you share it. Fake news and assumptions can create panic. I have been notified by many Residents who have become distressed over information posted on the Residents' Facebook page so I ask you to please post responsibly and not spread alarm. I am always available to clarify issues and if I don't have the answer I will do my very best to find out the facts. Please communicate with me on email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or WhatsApp me on 082 7778 456 during this time. I do not have access to the Residents' Facebook page so please don’t comment there.
4. Although the drive to leave tinned food on our dustbins is a noble one this advice is not sanctioned by the city and in fact, the city is completely against it. Metal and plastic surfaces retain the virus far longer than skin so the risk to employees is greater than normal.
5. Security - firstly I would like to thank each and every person within our security force who have all continued to show up at work and continue their job in the face of the many difficulties they face at this time. Please, for their sake and yours, call the control room rather than come in person to the office. The control room number is 031 539 3144.
6. Recycling: To reduce the risk of contamination, Residents are to suspend the separation at source initiative by placing all waste in one bag. This is to mitigate the downstream risk of the virus transfer at separation and sorting facilities.
7. Refuse: Waste bags are only to be placed out for collection if they are full. Garden Refuse service will be limited. Residents are advised to limit the number of garden refuse blue bags out for collection. Please communicate with me on email (email@example.com) or WhatsApp me on 082 7778 456 during this time. I do not have access to the Residents' Facebook page so please don’t comment there.
Stay positive and safe!
BEAT THE BOREDOM!
Just in case you are getting a little bored with your current yoga workout, we have found a new one for you to try. Please click here to view the latest yoga trend.
On a more serious note, please click here for ideas exercise that can be done at home.
For those with little kiddies, I particularly like this online resource to watch, listen and play games while learning all about some amazing animals with Switcheroo Zoo. Please click here to play.
To kill some time - can you work out the quiz below? Send your answers to Robyn at Hello@mountedgecombe.com