The course is IWMSA recognised and is lectured by Mr. Matthew Havinga with years of experience in the hazardous waste field and provides comprehensive coverage of hazardous waste management.The course is lectured with exercises and culminates in a written examination.
Aim of the course
The aim of the course is to introduce delegates to the broader aspects of Hazardous Waste Management and to better equip them to deal with hazardous waste generated in the industrial environment.
What topics will be covered?
The topics to be covered during the session include:
- Waste definitions.
- Properties of hazardous waste.
- Waste risk assessments, sampling and analysis.
- Hazardous waste handling and storage.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods.
- The South African Waste Classification & Management Regulations.
- SANS 10234: Globally Harmonised System for the Classification & Labelling of Chemicals.
- Determining waste minimisation, reuse, recycling, treatment and/or disposal requirements.
Pre-requisites for the course
It is advisable that learners:
- Have a Matric Certificate.
- Can speak, read, write in English to NQF 4 level
To access the course programme click here.