Diving into the inner-workings of the immune system
- Do children get too many vaccines?
- Is a child’s immune system developed enough at birth to get the hepatitis B vaccine?
- Does my child still need vaccines if I am breastfeeding?
- How many vaccines can a child handle at one time?
- Why are multiple doses of some vaccines needed?
At their heart, these questions all hinge on understanding how the immune system works. But, many parents never had much in the way of formal education related to the immune system and how it works. In addition, scientists continue to learn more about the intricate interactions of the immune system that are just as important, and ever-present, as those that control the beating of our hearts and the breaths we take.