5 Things You May Not Know about HPV
January is Cervical Health Awareness Month. When we think about cervical health, we also think about human papillomavirus (HPV).
But, HPV does not only cause cervical cancer. HPV infections can also lead to cancers of the throat and genital regions other than the cervix, including the anus, penis, vagina, and vulva. Some types of HPV cause painful and unsightly genital warts.
Test your knowledge of HPV with these questions, then see if you're right by checking out the article:
- Of every 10 people, how many will get HPV at some time in their life?
- Which country is expected to be the first to eliminate cervical cancer?
- Of every 10 cases of throat cancer, how many are caused by HPV?
- Which provides better immunity to HPV — natural infection or vaccination?
- How many doses of HPV vaccine have been given in the U.S. alone?