Got Prospects? Network at events to increase SALES
Ok friends, it has been a tough time since March as we have been isolated which makes it very hard to find new prospects to increase sales.
So we are looking out for you to find local and regional opportunities.
These virtual events are very difficult but we have to try to make the most of the opportunties.
1. This week - Wilmington Business Expo - The UNCW CIE has some free tix
(I will be a panelist, George Taylor is a panelist and Jennifer Turnage and Todd John too.)
2. Next week - UNCW Minority Enterprise Development Week
3. There is a new network for entrepreneurs in SE North Carolina.
As many of you know, NEW and WALE are not enough of a source of income for me. I am NOT an investor, I MANAGE WALE. We are always begging for MORE support despite our success. (Any law firms reading this?)
So as a way to supplement my income, I am an Entrepreneur in Residence at UNC Pembroke and they have partnered with Golden Leaf Foundation to help small business owners in the counties in ten rural counties. The Sandhills Entrepreneur Engagement Network (SEEN) gets started this week.
4. As you may have noticed, the UNCW CIE and I have improved our relationship. UNCW CIE have become an annual sponsor of NEW and I have been MUCH more active in their programs and promoting their programs.
They have asked me to moderate the 1 Million Cups Wilmington events in October.
Please join these events EVERY Wednesday at 9 AM on Zoom or Facebook
- CONGRATS to members of NEW, Girard and Tracey Newkirk of KWH COIN and Genesis Block for being selected for the Black Founders Exchange by Google program
- CONGRATS to OpiAid for getting LOCAL media coverage of their HUGE Phase I SBIR grant from the National Institute of Health
By the way, I was able to help OpiAid get additional press coverage in Raleigh, Charleston, Atlanta and New Orleans media. (Just ask David Reeser.)
- Did you see Live Oak Bank venture capital fund announced THREE investments last week?
Canapi Ventures. (NOT Covered in local business news.)
- We have WORK TO DO. NO Wilmington startups made the first cut of NC IDEA SEED grants
- Does your startup need exposure in Boston and with high level executives? Apply for the Innovation Leader Go For Launch opportunity with our podcast guest, Boston Globe writer Scott Kirsner.
- $65 MILLION from university technology partnerships !!!!
- If you are a FIRST time founder entrepreneur, I HIGHLY suggest you have a cofounder
- If you are mentoring a young professional, PLEASE share this article
- Advice on being a better entrepreneur
EVENTS and DEADLINES
- Our recent podcast guest Heather Hansen will be on Fox Business news today at 2 PM
So THANKS to Adam Shay CPA and NC IDEA for support of 3 Sips of Advice
- October 1 deadline to apply for the Venture 135 event for FinTech and InsureTech startups
- October 5th DEADLINE for application to APPLY for Launch Place pitch event with investors
- More than 130 statewide events to find new prospects, clients, partners and investors
- See the opening of this newsletter for additional events worthy of your attention