FLORIDA KEYS REMAIN OPEN FOR THE 2021 SEASON
Just to let you know we're in good shape and open for business!
Please take a moment to read our update, and as always give is a call or email for more information. We are excited to get back you all back in the water!
Please go to https://www.monroecounty-fl.gov/1169/COVID-19-Coronavirus for the latest information regarding re-opening of the Keys.
Please keep in mind, at this time most boats will be at 50% capacity for the time being, so planning your trip in advance is more crucial than ever. We hope this document is beneficial for your travel plans.
Your safety has always been a top priority of Sea Dwellers Dive Center. Since 1974, we have striven to provide a family-style Scuba and Snorkel experience in Key Largo while keeping your vacation fun and safe. Thank you all for your continued support over the years and thank you in advance to our future customers for giving us to opportunity to provide you with the best diving experience in the Keys!
Just a few highlights of these updates are:
- Digital Boat Releases: Faster check-in process. Sign your release at your convenience! Can be signed from your own digital device or at the shop.
- New Deck Layout: We have opened up the deck and rearranged the seating to provide more room for comfort and movability.
- New Website: Created with the user-experience in mind. Updated design and feel, with more online booking options.
- Opening Our Online Store: Want that BCD or reg? How about your favorite Inky Swag? You can now purchase gear directly from our website and we will ship to your home! Save money and support your favorite Key Largo dive shop!
- Updated Retail Storefront: Provides you with a better shopping experience.
- New Point of Sale System: Quicker checkout process. Customer profiles to easily pull up your previous Sea Dwellers activities. Integrated training software for a more efficient SCUBA instruction process.
- Rewards Program: Created with love, for you the customer. We are lucky to have many repeat customers… With our rewards program you earn money back! For every $500 spent on charters or scuba equipment, you earn a $20 gift card.
- VIP: (Visual Inspection and cleaning) of our rental tanks.
- Regulator/BCD/Tank Valve Servicing: Maintenance to give you even better diving and breathing experience.
COVID-19 RE-OPENING PROCEDURES:
Again, your safety is our #1 priority! Based on CDC and DAN (Divers Alert Network) guidelines, we have implemented the below procedures until further notice.
- Facial coverings are required for employees and customers.
- Social distancing (6 feet) is enforced other than family members
- Implementation of a “One way” traffic flow (in the front door, back to the rental gear section, and out the back).
- No more than 10 customers allowed in store at one time.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available.
- Surfaces in the shop are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Sanitation of rental equipment based on CDC and DAN procedures. We use Steramine Sanitizer Tablets or bleach, depending on the specific item, and use separate sanitization buckets for each type of gear.
- Dock rinse bins contain Steramine Sanitizer Tablets: We encourage you to return to your private residences and rinse your gear, however bins will be changed daily and readily available.
- We also have a wide selection of NEW gear available for purchase if needed and will sanitize for you if requested.
Air Fill Procedures:
- Limited 50% Capacity on all non-private charters. This means no more than 24 divers on at a time!
- Post-dive you will be escorted back to you seat, while leaving your tank on and reg in mouth. Please be careful when purging regs and aim down at boat deck after you have been seated.
- Boats will be sanitized before each trip according to CDC and DAN guidelines.
- Facial covering is required as practical except during period of dive entry prep and re-boarding.
- Common surfaces are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available.
- Removal of a communal mask rinse bucket (please plan for your mask defog. We do sell defog at the store if needed).
- Please perform a “post-dive nasal rinse” after each dive, before boarding the vessel.
Tank valves are sanitized after each use, and the compressor operator will be wearing masks and gloves for further protection. Research has shown that the viral contamination of compressed breathing air is highly unlikely if not impossible. For more information regarding this, please refer to the CDC guidelines on high temperature affects on the Coved virus, as well as DAN. As your breathing air is compressed at high temperatures, it is essentially “ultra-pasteurized”.
We want to thank you all for your patience and understanding with our temporary staffing reductions. We know that planning your trip is important, and we have been working on getting back to you ASAP.
As with all things in life, the best we can do is to prepare and take necessary precautions. We believe we are doing everything in our power to assist you through this time while still being able to take you on your underwater adventure. We hope you and your families remain safe during these times and we remain confident that there will be a brighter tomorrow!
The ocean needs us as much as we need her… now more than ever.
We'd love to see you down here diving with us soon! Contact us through this link
, or call us at 305-451-3640 to book your Key Largo Dive & Stay Package today!
Sea Dwellers Crew and Inky the Octo